|Cunnamulla Library Opening Hours|
|Monday - Friday||9.00am - 4.30pm|
The Library offers:
- Internet access
- Regular exchange of books from the State Library
- Books available on request from the State Library
- Periodic book readings for children
- After School Reading Club on Thursdays in Cunnamulla
- Monday Music and Playtime at Cunnamulla Library between 10.00am until 11.30am targeting children between 0-5 years with morning tea provided
Our friendly library based robot "Literator" is also on hand and at all scheduled programs.
For further information please contact the Library on 07 4655 8490 or with written correspondence to PO Box 75, Cunnamulla, QLD, 4490
|Yowah Library Opening Hours|
|Wednesday||9.00am - 1.00pm|
For further information please contact the Library on 07 4655 7011.
Rural Libraries Queensland
Rural Libraries Queensland (RLQ) is a partnership between State Library and 30 local governments in Queensland. By sharing a common catalogue of more than 300,000 items, every resident of RLQ councils is able to view real-time location and availability data on all RLQ collections.
Library Management - Children and Young People Policy
This policy provides guidance to library employees in regard to children and young people who visit Paroo Shire libraries, and the responsibilities of the parent/carer.
How can you get involved with our libraries?
- Story Time sessions aim to foster a love of books and reading, as well as important listening and social skills. Stories and activities aimed at 2 - 5 years old, however, all children are welcome to come along.
- Summer Reading Club has a program of activities to keep kids busy, reading and active in the school holidays, ask your librarian for more information.
- Start a Book Club, book club sets are available for loan to established book club groups. Book club coordinators should contact their local library and register the group to access these sets.
- Languages other than English: Books in languages other than English may be requested for loan through the State Library of Queensland. Contact your local library staff for assistance.
- Suggest items for purchase - all library members are welcome to login to the online catalogue and suggest materials for purchase via the Suggestion link. Your suggestions for purchase are evaluated against basic selection criteria and the scope of the collection. Material not suitable for purchase may be obtained on inter-library loan.
- Donations - the Library Service welcomes donations of print materials in good condition that meet the needs of our collection. All donations are carefully evaluated along with the need to add additional copies of titles that are already held in the collection. Donations are accepted on the clear understanding that the library service may dispose of these items at any time.