On this page
Here is a list of our current vacancies. Clicking the "Learn more and Apply" button will open a new tab and take you to the job listing on our recruitment site.
|Community Support Officer|
|Position type:||Full Time, Fixed Term until 31/09/2023, with the posibility of extension.||Applications close:||27/01/2023|
Provide support and events to all members of our diverse community
The Community Support Officer is responsible for:
As a representative of Council, it is expected you demonstrate professionalism, leadership and a commitment to a high level of service and continuous improvement in the best interest of Council and the community are essential.
|Treatment Plant Operator Required|
|Position type:||Full Time||Applications close:||13/01/2023|
Work in a Key Team, providing essential water services to the Paroo Shire Community
A Treatment Plant Operator is responsible for:
Both trained operators and those looking to start their career in water operations are encouraged to apply for this role.
|Expressions of Interest & Casual Pool|
If there isn't a job listed that suits your skills right now, you can still apply to Council with an expression of interest. We can add you to our casual pool and let you know when suitable vacancies come up. Here's what to do:
You can make an expression of interest at any time.
The following tips can improve your chances of getting an interview:
- Customise your resume to match the job you are applying for - When you are reading the job listing, look for key words or skills that are repeated. Use these in your resume
- Put the important things first - If a job listing says that you must have a specific skill, license or qualification, put that at the top of your resume so it's easy to see
- Write a new cover letter - Make sure your cover letter is specific to the job you are applying for and shows how you will meet the key performance criteria
- Match the cover letter to the level of the job - An entry level job like a labourer or trainee only needs a simple cover letter; However a higher the level job, like a supervisor or team leader needs a more detailed and specific cover letter
- Always make sure your email and phone number are correct. If we can't contact you, we can't interview you
For further information on positions please contact the HR Officer on 07 4655 8400 or firstname.lastname@example.org (unless otherwise specified in the job advert).