Wyandra is located 100 km north of Cunnamulla on the Matilda Highway. It has a population of about 60 people and is eager to welcome visitors to the newly established museum in the Power House which provided power to the town from 1955 until it joined the state electricity grid in 1970. The township sits beside the Warrego River and was originally called Claverton when gazetted in July, 1896, however, the name was changed to Wyandra later that same year. The railway line from Charleville to Wyandra was opened in 1897 and the link from Wyandra to Cunnamulla completed the following year. The town then became a busy centre with rail not only providing the important passenger, freight and mail services to the town and grazing properties, but also a much needed, though primitive, rail ambulance. The railway station building has now been relocated to the racecourse where , it provides catering and officials' amenities for gymkhanas and polocrosse competitions. One of the original pubs, the Gladstone, was built in 1889 and commenced business the following year. Following a fire in 1927 it was rebuilt and today, being the sole surviving hotel in town, services the locals and travelling public. Wyandra's Primary State School has emerged from the building of a provisional school in 1897 to the present well resourced facility in pleasant surroundings, providing a wide range of educational and social subjects. The Wyandra Hall and park, as well as camping sites and facilities, are available in Wyandra for travellers wanting a quiet stopover close to fishing holes in the Warrego river and bird watching opportunities.