Pets are part of the family. We want to make sure that pets of all shapes and sizes are safe and well looked after.
Council are proposing a few changes to Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management). Have your say via this form by Friday 16 November. The purpose of this Local Law is to regulate and manage the keeping and control of animals in the Paroo Shire, so that the community’s, animals’ and environment’s health and safety are protected.
The changes that Council are proposing are:
- Schedule 1: remove the exclusion of “Pig” (this will allow pet pigs in the designated town area).
- Schedule 2: add conditions so that anyone who wants to keep more than one (1) pig on an allotment in a designated town area must seek approval from Council.
- Schedule 4: set the minimum standard for keeping of a pig:
- The interior of every stable shall be thoroughly cleansed of all dung and other material capable of decaying or rotting each day.
- No part of a stable on land in a designated town area shall be within –
- Fifteen (15) meters of a dwelling, whether occupied or not, on the same or adjoining allotment; or
- Fifteen (15) meters of a place in which food for human consumption is stored, whether occupied or not, on the same or adjoining allotment; or
- Nine (9) meters from a road.
Please note that these changes are currently in place temporarily until the community is consulted. If the feedback received supports these changes, Council will take the steps required to endorse the changes and put them into place permanently as part of Local Law No. 2 (Animal Management) 2018.
Have your say about this change, and let Council know if you think any other changes need to be made. This is the opportunity to put forward any animal management related issues that the community is currently experiencing, or to make suggestions to improve animal management processes.
All feedback and ideas must be submitted via this form by Friday 16 November. A hard-copy version is also available from:
- Broad Street Depot
- All Council libraries
- Cunnamulla Fella Visitor Information Centre
For more information contact Council on 4655 8400 or email@example.com