The RL Beresford Bursary requires a Principal's report on a student's academic performance during their Grade 7 year. If a Bursary is awarded, it will be awarded in one installment of $300.00 to the students school account as a contribution to school fees, uniforms and resources in an endeavour to assist with their next year of studies.
Paroo Shire Council
The Paroo Shire Council Bursary requires a Principal's report on a student's academic performance during their Grade 8 year. If a Bursary is awarded, it will be awarded in one installment of $300.00 to the students school account as a contribution to school fees in an endeavour to assist with their next year of studies.
Paroo Shire Council is responsible for the Bursary funds and its decision on all matters relating thereto is final.
The prime object of awarding the Bursary is to assist in approved higher education of the children of the Paroo Shire Council.
The Bursary award is subject to the following conditions:-
- A nomination form must be completed in full and returned to the Chief Executive Officer at the Council office, Civic Centre, Cunnamulla by a specified date in the last term of the school year.
- More than one student may be nominated by the same person although separate nomination forms must be completed for each nomination.
- The person nominating the student must be a parent or appointed guardian.
- The witness to the signature of the nominating person must be an adult.
- To assist with the selection process the nominated student's school principal will provide a report to Council on their academic performance.
- If successful in winning a bursary the student's school account will receive $300.00 as a contribution to school fees for their next year's studies.
- The student must undertake to attend school in the Paroo Shire over the Bursary period.
Award recipients are selected by Council and Council's decision is final.
In the event of two or more students having equal achievements, Council will make the final decision on the successful Bursary recipient.
Council reserves the right to reject any nominations and the right to cancel any Bursary on receipt of an unacceptable report card from the school principal.