Notice to Community - Wednesday 25 March at 5.15pm
The intent of this notice is to provide an update to the community relating specifically to Council’s operational and facility arrangements in relation to the COVID-19 situation.
While there is still no need for panic, there is an absolute need to continue to put measures in place to minimise the risk to staff and the public where possible.
Effective Thursday, 26 March 2020 and until further notice, Council will be taking the following actions:
The Council Broad Street Depot
- Will re-open to the public between the hours of 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- Cash payments can be made at the front counter.
- Card payments can be made in person, but by phone is preferred on (07) 4655 8400 (remember Rates can also be paid via BPay.)
- As strict new protocols for the operation of this important facility have been implemented, please respect and adhere to signage and directions from staff.
- Deliveries are to be made by appointment only by calling 0427 471 757.
- Operational activities will continue to be undertaken by our outdoor workforce.
- The Visitor Information Centre (VIC) – will be closed from 25/03/2020 until further notice.
- The Cunnamulla Pool – remains closed.
- All Council Libraries – remains closed until further notice.
- Other Council facilities throughout the Shire such as sporting grounds, ovals and halls will be not be available to use or hire until further notice.
Non-essential Meetings and Activities
- We will continue to discourage any non-essential visits to Council sites. This includes sales reps, contractors and general enquiries.
- Where possible, Council staff will continue to replace physical attendance at meetings or training sessions with other arrangements such as phone calls, teleconferencing or video conferencing.
This is an ever changing scenario, and as such it is expected that our actions and responses will continue to change as new information and advice are made available by Federal and State health authorities.
Please continue to refer to advice disseminated by QLD Health in relation to your own protection in dealing with COVID-19. Don’t hesitate to give me a call if you have any questions or concerns.
Acting Chief Executive Officer, Paroo Shire Council
0488 715 700