Coordinated Wild Dog 1080 Baiting Campaign
Paroo Shire Council is conducting a vertebrate pest baiting program throughout the region in an effort to control wild dogs and would like to remind landowner that baits will be distributed from the following locations:
- Wyandra Monday 28th May.
- Carellen and Nara Tuesday 29th May.
- Murra Murra Wednesday 30th May.
- Glentuckie Thursday 31st May..
- Eulo Friday 1st June.
Prior to collecting pre-ordered baits landowners must:
- Provide an authority to sign form nominating other persons where the landowner is not collecting their own baits.
- Understand that baits must be laid in accordance with the 1080 safety distance and exclusion requirements
- Have provided 72 hours prior written notification to adjoining occupiers/owners and must contain . Steps neighbours must take to prevent domestic and working dogs access to baits . Dates of the proposed baiting.
Random audits may be conducted to monitor compliance with requirements by state and local government, for all restrictionand conditions, please refer to the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries and Forestry website – ww.daf.qld.dov.au
For participation please contact your Wild Dog Committee Area Representative.
For further Information contact Paroo Shire Council’s Rural Lands & Compliance Officer Raymond Hartnett 0407342345.